If you ever found yourself wonder why “success” just slips through your fingers, then you should keep reading. Success is something that we all want. It comes in a lot of different shapes and sizes. Yet, it eludes most of people because there’s things in their way. This is a huge topic as there are numerous reasons as to why you fight and struggle to reach your definition of success. So we will take this in chucks.
1. Let’s start with this simple reason. What Is Your Definition Of Success? Can you answer the question? Most of the people reading this blog have no idea of what success looks like. They can tell you want it is not, however they can’t tell you what it is. People can tell you about what they don’t want, how they don’t want it red, or they don’t want to have to work really hard. Yet, they can’t tell you what is their definition of success. Therefore, by default, people always get exactly what their definition is not. Let’s read that again. Since you can’t tell the Universe, Source, God what success is for you, then by default you get what it is not for you. So if it’s not red, white, and blue, that’s all you get because that’s all you are focused on. We always get what we focus on!!! This is basic law of attraction 101/201/301.
The fastest way to fix this is to define for success for yourself. It can be anything….an extra $1000 per month, or 200% of your sales goal, or $500 extra per month, or living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 1 roommate. It can be whatever you want. You have to say what it is instead. How do I know this? Just look at the world around you. Go outside, take a walk and just notice nature. See all the vegetation growing. See the life around you and it’s all focused on one thing. Being successful and abundant. Animals move towards food sources. Plants bends towards light sources. Even our DNA is very specific about what color, shape, size, etc we are. We must do the same. How frustrated do you get when people are wishy/washy with you over what’s for dinner.
So pull out a pen/pencil and paper and answer these questions:
1. How much money do you want to make a year? (150k, 300k, 48k, 65k?)
2. What kind of car do you want?
3. What kind of business/job/career do you want? (Nurse, lawyer, multi-level marketer, educator, EMT, military) (Success is so different for everyone.)
4. How much do you want to travel in the year?
5. How much do you want in savings?
6. What kind of home do you want or apartment do you want to rent?
7. What kind of education do you want to give your kids?
8. How much do you want to give to your church, favorite charity, etc?
9. How many days a week do you want to work out with your personal trainer?
10. How many educational/personal development training programs do you want to attend?
11. How much money do you want in savings?
Now these questions will start to get the juices pumping and flowing.I think you are starting to get the picture. A very good book that I read that got me to change my thinking about success and what it means for me was “You Were Born Rich” by Bob Proctor. It’s a damn good book and if you read it and go through the exercises you will realize that you can have your definition of success. Here’s a secret. It takes the same amount of energy to focus on what you want, as it does to focus on what you don’t want. So know what you want – focus on it – and of course take action(s) to get it!!!! The law of attraction can only give what you focus on – positive or negative.
2. Failure to take full responsibility for themselves and their actions. Now maybe you know what you want. Maybe you’ve taken some actions to get it. It didn’t work out. Whom do you blame? If you say anything other than yourself, I invite you to consider you are the source of the problem. Look… if you are in Amway and 100’s of people are making their mortgage payment with the business and you aren’t, then it is not the company. If you are in sales with a bank and 50% of the sales force is over 100% of quota and you are at 60%…is it the bank or the products that’s the problem? The common denominator is YOU! You’ve to always take responsibility for you and yourself alone. No matter what’s going on around you. No matter how many are not winning, getting ahead, or producing results, you can only account for yourself and your actions. It doesn’t matter if your company has a crappy website. It doesn’t matter if your up-line doesn’t hold team hang out or training webinars. You shouldn’t care if the teacher is crappy and can’t spell “I” on the board. You’ve got to pass that class to graduate and get that degree. All you must care about is “taking full responsibility” of your actions and your results. This is the second biggest reason why “success” just eludes people. They fail to be responsible for their actions, their results, their work… and they blame everyone and everything. We’ve all done it and seen it done. So remind yourself and be responsible for your power by reminding yourself of these 5 things:
1. I am always responsible for everything that happens in my world.
2. I am always responsible for my results. Yes I can ask for help and support, read books, attend seminars, take my mentors/managers on sales calls…in the end it’s all about me.
3. It’s always about me. No one cares what Jack, Jane, and Bob did or did not do. They only care about what I did, how I responded, and overcame any particular situation.
4. It’s always about me!!! Listen, I had to learn the hard way…the God I serve will only ask me about what I did and how did I make life better on planet Earth. How did I use the talents He gave me? How did I treat the sick, homeless, and the poor? How did I help my brothers/sisters in need? He’s not going to ask me about Steve Harvey and his success. He’s only concerned with “What did Earl do?” He will deal with Steve Harvey directly.
5. The biggest take away – it keeps the power focused on me. When you blame others for your mishaps etc…you give away more than your self-power, you give away your “control” over your ability to create your life to the fullest of your definition of success. It doesn’t mean you will not have troubles, set backs, people quitting on you, etc. It just means that you must focus on what you can control which is: yourself, your emotions, your integrity, your actions, and your being. That’s best you can do in any situation. When you start to blame someone else for anything about you… what you “can’t do, shouldn’t do, won’t do.” Just stop and say, “It’s about me. I’m an adult. How do I make this work?”
Never forget it’s all always about you, because you are the only piece of the puzzle you can move and control.
3. Final piece of the puzzle on success…is just the failure to action. No one has ever raised money for any charity without asking for donations. No one has ever made a cake without getting the ingredients, mixing them, and putting them in the oven. No one has ran a marathon while sitting on the couch. No one has passed any educational program without attending the course either online or in person. You can’t drive a car without starting the engine. Action, action, action, action. You can’t claim to be in touch and or believe in the law of attraction without taking inspired action!!!! Action!!! Lack of action to achieve a goal is failure in action. People get so stuck on “I don’t what to do first.” “I can’t talk to my up-line.” People come up with excuse after excuse as to why they can’t take action to reach their goals. We’ve all done it. The fastest way to get over this is so simple, but we all just don’t want to do.
1. Take action!
2. Take small action steps?
3. Set a date and time by when you will take action?
4. Take action!!!!
Some think their actions have to be big and huge. Listen…no one that you and I consider to be successful got there over night. Anthony Robbins, Louise Hay, even Eckhart Tolle all had their small starts and setbacks, etc. My nephews didn’t come out of their moms walking and talking (although I swear they did.) I want you to think about to your first driving lesson. What actions did you take to learn how to drive? How did you get your parents to help you learn? What did you have change about your belief in your abilities to drive? So it doesn’t matter if you want do Herbal Life or Amway, or internet affiliate marketing, or sale home pregnancy test door to door. It all requires actions to get started and build. So get started right where you are…do what you know to do. Look at the results and make corrections as required. Get a coach/mentor…to help shorten your learning curve so that you can take actions faster and adjust quicker.
These are just 3 quick reasons as to why success seems so distant for folks. There are more and we will discuss them. For now let’s focus on these for these they are the foundation. If you don’t have faith in yourself, you won’t take action. If you aren’t taking actions chances are you are blaming something/someone for your failure or inability to win, which means that you aren’t taking responsibility for yourself and your dreams, which probably means you don’t know what you want. If you knew what you want, then you would not let anyone get in your way. It’s no different than going to store to buy your favorite after a hard day at the job snack. You let nothing stop you from that… or put gas in your car. It’s no different when your kid needs to get to the doctor – you move heaven and hell to make it happen. Bring that energy and drive to your goals…and watch them manifest right before your eyes.
PS: You can always connect with me on Social Media…the links are in the grey box below…with me on my bike!!!