We all have a lot going on. In addition, with everything that happens around us, it is a challenge to stay focus on and reach our goals. With the six reasons listed as to why people don’t reach their goals, I’ve included a quick fix for each them. Time is of the essences, so let’s begin.
1. They Don’t Write Them Down. I wrote a blog post about this. You and I must write down our goals with a pen and piece of paper. Notice I said pen and paper instead of texting your goals to your friends or using some electronic note system. Write them down.
Quick Fix: Go to store get a notebook/journal/paper and a pen and write out down what you want to do. Spend a few minutes a day to do this. If your goal is to lose 5, 10, 15 pound write it down. If your goal is to make $100,000 in affiliate marketing sales, then write it down. If your goal is to become a 215 average league bowler, then write it down. It doesn’t matter what the goal is, just give it life by writing it down.
2. Their Goals Are To Vague. A goal of being rich is way to vague. Having an $5 bucks is richer than you were before that $5 bucks. Losing weight is a great goal, but you’ve got to be specific. So be specific. The goal must be measurable, realistic, achievable, and have a time line. Without these 4 elements you have just a thought.
Quick Fix: Write your goals so that they are as specific as possible. For example, “I will lose 10 pounds by 03/31/2016.” “I will make $10,000 by 4/01/2016.”
3. Their Goals Lack A “Why.” All goals have to have a “why”/ a purpose. Let’s be frank it’s a special challenge to change your life and achieve a goal. So you’ve got to know why you want to do it, so that you can stick with it! So why do you want it? What will it do for you? How will it make you better, stronger, faster?
Quick Fix: When are writing out your goals: specific, measurable, achievable, and realist, ask yourself “How will this make my life/world better?” Dare to explore and let your go. Write it down. How would you feel when you lose that 10 pounds? What would you do differently now that the 10 pounds are gone? You have an imagination, use it and make your goals achievement as vivid as possible.
4. They Don’t Take Self-Responsibility. There are no guarantees in life. With all the best plans, statics, technology, insurance policies, etc when you step out to make it happen something could go wrong. Let’s be real things go astray. Sometimes things happen that are just out of your control.
Quick Fix: Just own up to it. It’s always all about you. It doesn’t matter if your boss kept you late or the weather was bad. The fact of the matter is that these are your goals/dreams. When you shift the blame to other things/events/people, you rob yourself of the ability to learn and grow.
5. They Don’t Believe They Will Succeed. Let’s just real here. If you don’t believe the goal is obtainable and you can do the thing, you will never hit it. It does not matter if the goal is to go on a date with a hot person. If you believe it will not happen, then you will never take the required actions, in the required frame of mind, to go on that date. You have to believe in the goal, yourself, and let nothing stand in your way. When put belief behind anything it creates a new life of its own.
Quick Fix: Write your goal down. Keep it in front of you. Read it before you get out of bed in the morning and before you go to sleep. Hire a coach/mentor and study the subject of the goal. If your goal is to be an internet marketer, then learn and continue to learn about internet marketing. Attend workshops on the subject matter. Learn all that you can put that into practice, and learn some more and put that into practice. Then eliminate anything and everything from your world that is negative and tells you that you can’t win i.e.: television, negative friends, people who laugh at your goals, people who don’t and refuse to support you. Just get rid of anything that is a drain. Learn, take action, and win!
6. They Do not Take Action(s). Most people go through the process of writing a goal and the whole nine yards, and fail to take action(s). A goal without actions is just an idea on a piece of paper. Action(s) is/are always required for anything that exist on the planet. Even to get gas in the your car, requires actions: start the car, drive the car, fight with traffic, get tot the gas station, pull next to gas pump, stop the car… do you get the point. There is nothing on this planet that was created or created without actions of some kind…either chemically or physically.
Quick Fix: Plan out the actions required to achieve the goal as best you can. Take the goal and break the action steps required into small steps and put a date by when the goal must be completed. Breaking your plan into small steps brings the “elephant” down to a more manageable size. That old saying “one step at a time” is real and can help you to win!
At the end of the day, you only get 1 second to live your best life. The achievement of any of your goals represents the maximization of that 1 second. We do not have long on this planet to create our world and enjoy it. So make the most of it.
Do you have anything to add? What do you think are the reasons why people don’t reach their goals and what are your thought about the 6 reasons we have listed here. Feel free to give your own effective quick fixes for the different reasons in the comments section below.
PS: Love this article then share it with your friends on Facebook